Postural Analysis & Movement Correction
This module can be taken as a stand alone CPD Certificate to enhance your professional development. It can also be completed as part of the CYQ Certificate In Personal Training, CYQ Certificate In Teaching Mat Pilates and the CYQ Certificate In Teaching Yoga, as well as a number of other Level 3 courses.
Edinburgh 7th & 8th February 2015
Edinburgh 28th & 29th March 2015
Edinburgh 30th & 31st May 2015
Maidenhead 7th & 8th February 2015
Maidenhead 28th & 29th March 2015
Maidenhead 6th & 7th June 2015
Maidenhead 14th & 15th July 2015
What Is The Module About?
- Principles, practical application and development of core stabilisation, postural assessment and flexibility
- Diagnostic assessments
- Analysis of movement
- Addressing the needs of individuals with low risk medical conditions
How Long Does It Last?
- Two days theory and practical
Who Is The Module Suitable For?
- Individuals 16 years and over
- Those working as fitness instructors or wishing to train to become a Pilates instructor or personal trainer
- Advanced instructors in Pilates, exercise referral and personal training
What Qualifications Are Needed?
- Level 2 Certificate In Fitness Instructing – Gym-Based Exercise or Exercise To Music (other similar qualifications may be recognised)
What Will Be Studied?
- Anthropometric measuring
- Static and dynamic posture
- Integrated movement diagnostic analysis
- Multi-plane movement patterns
- Dynamic and three-dimensional flexibility
- Common postural and kinetic chain dysfunctions
- Corrective exercise protocols
- Biomechanics of movement
How Is It Assessed?
- Continuous assessment throughout the module
- Direct observation of conducting each assessment protocol
Are There Any Books Or Special Equipment That Needs To Be Purchase?
- No, all course materials will be provided
What Can The Qualification Lead To?
- Working with occupational health
- Enhanced services as a personal trainer
Terms and conditions apply to all Drummond Education programmes. Read more >