Fitness Walking Certificate Course
Including REPs Endorsed Nordic Walking Certificate
The only course in the UK through which you can attain the Level 2 Certifate in Fitness Walking and a Nordic Walking Certificate also validated by REPs. This is a great way to expand your repertoire and teach a wide range of walking sessions.
This course is delivered by the leading International Leki Master Trainers and the founders of the CYQ Nordic Walking Certificate. Drummond Education are the first ever training provider in the UK to offer a full qualification in Nordic & Fitness Walking recognised by CYQ and were the first organisation to be an approved centre for delivery of the CYQ qualification.
New dates on request
What Is The Course About?
- An understanding of the human body and how to exercise
- How to plan and teach safe and effective Nordic & Fitness Walking sessions
- Adapting walking to suit varied fitness levels
- Progressing programmes for weight management and fitness activities such as ski fit
- Using a range of teaching skills to improve health and fitness for everyone in your community
- Risk assessment and safe route planning
- How to set upmwalking groups and introductory technique sessions
- Specific drills to enhance technique
How Long Does It Last?
- One day theory if not already a level 2 (on-line option available)
- Two days practical
Who Is The Course Suitable For?
- Individuals who are 16 years and over
- Fitness instructors, personal trainers
- Those wishing to broaden their horizons and teach in specialised areas of fitness
What Qualifications Are Needed?
- No previous qualifications or experience are needed. As part of this course you will also take the Functional Anatomy For Fitness module (unless already a qualified fitness instructor). This module has an additional cost
How Is It Assessed?
- Multiple-choice theory exams (unless already a qualified fitness instructor)
- Practical observation and self evaluations
Are There Any Books Or Special Equipment That Need To Be Purchased?
- Suitable clothing for training outdoors
- Small backpack or bum-bag containing a water bottle; energy bar; light waterproof jacket, trousers, hat, gloves; and sun cream
- Spare shoes and clothing
- For health and safety considerations, smooth-soled shoes or sandals of any description should not be used
What Can The Qualification Lead To?
- The ability to teach group walking sessions with a nationally recognised qualification
- GP referral work
Terms and conditions apply to all Drummond Education programmes. Read more >