CYQ Fitness Instructor Children’s Fitness
This exciting new course incorporates the CYQ Certificate In Fitness Instructing Exercise & Physical Activity For Children, through a complete toolbox of fitness activities, including; dance; combat; circuits; games; and activities that can be used through the national curriculum.
The original course toolbox, and its subsequent quarterly updates, are also available to buy separately. The original toolbox includes a handy carry-case and a minimum of 12 lesson plans. Each update also contains a minimum of 12 lesson plans, complete with coaching tips, equipment requirements and recommendations for music.
Rep’s Accreditation Level 2
Edinburgh 27th 28th July
Edinburgh 26th & 27th October
Maidenhead 8th & 9th June
Maidenhead 19th & 20th October
Chester 6th & 7th July
For full dates please click ‘View All Upcoming Dates’ or contact the office
What Is The Course About?
- A toolbox of the latest ‘must do’ activities that you can draw on for age groups five to 15
- Easy to use lesson plan cards for ages 5-7, 7-9, 9-11, 11-15
- Access to quarterly updates to add to your toolbox to maintain interest and motivation
- Active games that build on fun, skill development and fitness and aligned to the national curriculum
- Street dance action
- Kick-back combat
- Circuit breakers including; boxing; military; dance; flip flop football; and fitness
- Freaky fun activities such as vampire first aid; fast fit couch potatoes; and much more
How Long Does It Last?
- One day theory (on-line option available)
- Two days practical
Who Is The Course Suitable For?
- Individuals 16 years and over
- Fitness instructors, personal trainers
- Those wishing to run fun fitness sessions for children and young people
- Those already running sessions without a formal qualification
What Qualifications Are Needed?
- No previous qualifications or experience are needed. As part of this course you will also take Functional Anatomy For Fitness (unless already a qualified fitness instructor). This module is included in the course price.
- How Is It Assessed?
- Multiple-choice theory exams (unless already a qualified fitness instructor)
- Lesson plans
- Post course video assessment of practical skills
Are There Any Books Or Special Equipment That Need To Be Purchased?
- No, all course materials will be provided
- Access to a video camera for practical assessment
What Can The Qualification Lead To?
- Employment teaching exercise to children in schools, clubs or any Ofsted-approved environment
Terms and conditions apply to all Drummond Education programmes. Read more >